Today is the first day of le printemps! And it sunny and gorgeous out!
Emily has been here this weekend which was so awesome, and today we're going to meet some other Alpha Phis who are visiting Paris this week!
This past weekend was kinda crazy- Thursday was the Taylor Swift concert and then St. Patty's celebration; I made a bunch of new friends and had such a fantastic night. Friday I made more new friends and cooked delicious dinner with my friend Lauren. Saturday was when Emily arrived, and I took her to a party with some guys from a local rugby club, which was really fun but I was kind of an idiot that night and just generally failed at being normal...probbbbably didn't make too many new friends Saturday
Oh well, past is the past and this weekend is Prague with Anna, Brinkley, and Lauren! If I can just get this Vietnam War dissertation out of the way...
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Sung to the tune "Finlandia"
- This is my song, oh God of all the nations,
- a song of peace for lands afar and mine.
- This is my home, the country where my heart is;
- here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine;
- but other hearts in other lands are beating
- with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine
- My country's skies are bluer than the ocean,
- and sunlight beams on clover leaf and pine.
- But other lands have sunlight too and clover,
- and skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
- This is my song, thou God of all the nations;
- a song of peace for their land and for mine.
Posted by Amy Norton at 5:31 PM